Feb 14, 2008

V-Day

Since it's Valentine's Day I thought I'd share another song I wrote for Laura's upcoming Birthday Cd. I haven't recorded it yet-I will try this weekend to get it down. It's very difficult doing this recording stuff without her knowing. So far, so good. I surprised them at lunch by coming home semi-early with flowers and a balloon for Parker. Just my weak-ass attempt at being a romantic. It's just not in my genes to be a "gooey Romantic".


Untitled Love Song #1

My wife, my friend
We meet again
Feliz Cumpleanos to you

You’re 32
You're tried and true
Such happy days for me and you
And of course, for Parker too

My friend, my muse
In Takken shoes
A pleasant Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you

The Rhododendron Tree
It laughs with me
It’s growing up so beautifully

The roots are sound
Leaves all around
The branches are few, but we’re not through
Life is so grand for me and you

The Rhododendron Tree
It’s got me on one knee
Here’s to a fruitful family tree

No comments: