Feb 21, 2008

Last night...


I came up with another song idea; this one is based on Laura’s Birth Plan. I was fiddling with the guitar last night while watching PJ. It’s a pretty simple chord configuration (only three) but I think if it’s recorded right it could sound pretty good…we’ll see about that.

Parker and I had a good time last night, we didn’t really do anything noteworthy-just played around the house. We did watch a new Yo Gabba Gabba episode and played hide and seek, ring around the rosies, and sang some songs. It doesn’t really take a lot to have a fun time with her. She kinda creates it herself with her personality and energy. She’s a lot of fun.

Here’s the lyrics and chords to the song:

The Birth Plan

Intro C-Am-C-Am

C Am
Epidurals, I say No
G
Even when there’s pain down below
C Am
Stadol if there really is a must
F
All other drugs, I do not trust

A Jacuzzi tub I’d like so much
C
And a caring nurse would be a plus

Am-C-Am-C

C Am
Epesiotomy, I scream No
G
Unless it’s completely apropos
C
Electronic monitoring I think not
F
My mobility I cherish a lot

There are techniques to deal with pain
C
My mother and husband will keep me sane

Am-C-Am-C-F-C

C Am
I want this as natural as can be
G
Let this plan be my decree
C
For Georgia is always on my mind
F
I think about her all the time

For she is a rose about to bloom
C
And if you don’t like screams, please leave the room

No comments: