Feb 25, 2008

American Gothic


Except for my appearance in this picture, this has always been a favorite of mine. Conjures up images of a time when we can fart around all weekend and it didn’t really matter. No children to tend to, no large responsibilities to worry about, etc…. Sometimes we would actually do work like cleaning out our pond and sometimes we would lazily hang out around the house (or am I talking about myself??). Not that times now aren’t as much fun, just different.

So…this weekend wasn’t all that extraordinary but enjoyable nonetheless. I hope Laura knows how much work and stress this music project is. I have been using every available opportunity to write and record songs. I bolted home for lunch when I knew Laura and PJ were out getting pictures taken so that I could record some vocals. Not only that I am recording my vocals without my computer enhancement software Melodyne. My computer picked a rotten time to screw my cracked software. With that said…MY VOCALS SUCK. Oh well, I think she’ll get the sentiment which is really what matters. So I have this week to finish up the songs in preparation for the “CD Release Party” occurring on Friday night (Leap Day). Getting music done has been stressful but to multiply the stress is the fact that I’m doing it behind her back so any and all available time alone is put into recording. It is fun though; the creative process can be very rewarding for me. It’s quite a luxury being able to play guitar and drums as well, now if I could only sing………

No comments: