Dec 10, 2007

Our Next President




I thought now is a good time to document my predictions for the upcoming presidential election. Things have already heated up on both sides with the primaries looming in early January. On the Democartic side it's getting awfully hazy between the three leading candidates. Although my choice, Joe Biden, is nowhere in the vicinity of the leaders, I'm becoming an Obama-ite. Why? Because he's black, of course. Ok, really it's because I think he represents everything the current administration isn't. Youth, energy, openness, competence, unbleached skin, a sense of rhythm, non-secretive, etc...all the attributes contribute to my feeling that he's our man. And Hillary? Ugh, Hillary is the ultimate opportunist, move to New York to become a Senator (CARPETBAGGER!) but what's worst about her is that look she has...it's really hard to explain but I really really dislike her. And John Edwards? It's that freakin' accent of his...that silly, hick South Carolinian accent...he's got to get rid of it. He is my second choice though, he seems to have some conviction and I do appreciate his intellect. Unfortunately Oprah is not supporting him and he's white. My prediction is Obama/Edwards, I think that would be a well-balanced ticket.





Republicans...they're screwed. They got no one. Guiliani has had too many failed marriages, mistresses, secularists opinions, and now he's getting a lot of flak from the firefighters from 9/11. Mike Huckabee is making a big splash right now but he'll be out by April or so, he's got a past of ethics violations as well as an incident regarding a paroled rapist who was let out of jail and he raped and killed again...very Willy Hortonish. McCain should be the front-runner and by all accounts has done enough in his life to earn the position of President, however, he's got this hawk-ish view on the Iraq War which is scary. He's shot himself in the foot with this matter yet I still hopes he presides. And Mitt Romney (what a stupid first name) won't be president because he's Mormon and they believe in magic underwear...simple as that. My prediction is that they elect two vice presidents and choose to trade off being president every year for 4 years. They've got 4 qualified vice presidents out there and no electable presidential candidates. Ok, so my real prediction is Fred Thompson/Guiliani even though Thompson hasn't done much to impress yet.

No comments: