Jan 29, 2009

T.W.I.P. Notes (This Week In Parenting)


One of the goals of this blog is for my children to read it one day when they are of age to fully comprehend the enjoyment and occasional toil of parenthood. This week has been an interesting one…
-Georgia and Parker are waking up at 6 am as of late, and sometimes earlier. When I’m 64 I will be incessantly calling the both of them at 6 am requesting they come over and change my adult diaper. Payback.
-I realized last night how much I like watching the girls sleep. There’s something comforting about seeing them passed out, quiet, not requiring my attention, resting, and just…seemingly happy.
-Laura and I have decided to send Parker to pre-school this August. We also agreed that if she can’t maintain a ‘C’ average we will take away her tricycle.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Mitra bought the 'Quit Playing Barbie' T-shirt for Parker. It's pretty funny to us and I think it would have been even funnier before we had kids. However, if Parker knew what it meant I don't think she'd wear it. She is totally into girly stuff of all kinds and I'm sure Barbie will be a favorite in the years to come. She actually doesn't like to wear that shirt because it's black. She prefers her clothes to be pink.