Jan 6, 2009

Daddy's Girl


Parker is officially in the 'Daddy's Girl' stage of her life and has been there probably since Georgia was born. Every morning when Parker walks into our room, she walks right by my side of the bed and goes over to daddy to get into bed on his side. When she needs her butt wiped, she'll call out "Daaaddyyyy. Come wipe my buuuttt." If I say that I'll do it, she'll tell me no, she wants daddy to do it. I don't mind this at all.

I sometimes wonder if this is a natural development stage or if it's because he dotes over her a little more than I do. For example, if Parker is to start crying or call out in the night, my reaction is to wait silently and see if she'll settle back down. But Will jumps out of bed at the first peep. I think he might be startled and half asleep and doesn't realize that there's no real emergency. I have to say I admire this selfless reaction.

Just this morning, Parker tried to keep Will from going to work. She held his hand as he walked to the door and laughed saying he couldn't get away (from the tight grip she had on his hand). It was so cute. After he left she sat down to eat her cereal while I fed Georgia rice cereal. Parker seemed a little sad and initiated this conversation. It went something like this...

"Mommy...I don't want daddy to go to work."
"Why not?"
"Because he's my only favorite and I like him."
Parker hung her head over her cereal bowl. Then she started in again, "I don't want daddy to go to work tomorrow. Daddy said he doesn't want to go to work."
"Yeah but he goes anyway to get the money we need to buy our things. Like this cereal, this house and remember yesterday when we bought that sweatshirt for you. He got the money for us to buy it."
"Yeah but I already know how to get some moneys."
"Do you want to go to work?"
"No. And daddy doesn't want to go to work either."
"Well daddy goes to work because he's responsible."
"I want to be reponsable. I can go to school and be reponsable."
"Yeah...when you're older you can go to school and be responsible."

It is so heartwarming to see how much Parker adores her father. I have to say I get a little jealous sometimes but not in a bad way. I love seeing her and Will together. Also, I know that I am Georgia's everything right now. That girl is definately in love with me.

No comments: