Jun 2, 2008

My Creationism Has Been Aborted


Creativity has left the building.

I can’t write a song if my life depended on it. I don’t know what happened but ever since Laura’s birthday I have absolutely no ideas floating in my head. No lyrical ideas, no melodies, no chord progressions, no witty ideas for song titles, no nothing! I ain’t got it. I fear that if I had to write a song I would come up with diddly-squat. Usually it takes a project idea to get my creative juices boiling but still, even if there was a project in the ether I fear I would have nothing to contribute.

Funny how everything goes into shut-down mode without notice. During the two months it took to make the Magnificent Fantastic cd, I was coming with song ideas all the time…even impressing myself with regards to the quantity. With Laura’s birthday cd I wrote (and recorded) four decent songs in less than a month and now I don’t have anything going on. Is it all based on inspiration?

There seems to be a real big chasm in my creative process, it’s more like a moat infested with man-eating alligators.

No comments: