Jun 24, 2008

Fetus Envy


It’s Tuesday morning, June 24th and Georgia is officially a day late. I predicted this…not sure what that was based on, just basic SOML (Story Of My Life) I guess. This weekend was especially hot which didn’t make things any easier for Laura. I don’t envy her a bit, although I do hate this 24/7 on-call feeling I have that at a moment’s notice I have to drop whatever I’m doing and help Laura bring Georgia into the world. Not that I don’t want to do that, I JUST WANT A SET TIME AND DATE. It’s just plain rude not to give notice for these kinds of things. But make no mistake…I do not envy her right now. All I can do is try hard not to be a smart-ass and help her through it. Let’s just hope it’s a quickie!

I also do not envy little Georgia. The idea of what she’s got to go through to get born (head first through the cervix, etc…) is rather extreme. It reminds me of the troubles I had moving around under the house through this little hole to get through the concrete foundation so that I can get to the other side of the house. Maybe birth is where humans develop their claustrophobic inclinations. She’s probably really comfortable right now; food’s being provided 24/7, no chores, no nagging parents, and nobody hovering over you with their bad breath telling you how cute you look. I don’t blame her for stayin’ in the womb for a little extra time. If I could, I’d join her!

No comments: