Jan 3, 2008

Good Morning


I don’t know why but there’s something special to me about sleeping with PJ in bed with us. I really enjoy it. It provides some sort of solace I guess. I realized it in August when we were in San Francisco assisting our friend Jason with dying of cancer (an intentionally morbid way of saying it) and PJ was sleeping in the same room as us. Some nights she would wake up and make noise and with other people sleeping in the adjacent room I did my best to quiet her which would include bringing her to bed with us. Some times she would fall asleep there in bed with us. She would put her arms over her head and lay there as quiet as a mouse…just sleeping.
This morning she made some noise so I took her to bed with us and she fell asleep. If I didn’t have to get up and go to work I would’ve fell asleep as well. Normally I wouldn’t fall asleep again but I bet I would if she was in bed with us. Kinda odd I think. What type of solace am I getting out of that? Hmmmmmmm.

No comments: