Jan 16, 2008

10 in the Bed


I awoke to PJ making noise this morning at about 5:30, went to see if she was ok…she was naked. I picked her up, took her to the potty where she pee’d for days and days. After that I took her to bed with us; she fell asleep…I didn’t. Laura is 4+ months pregnant which means there’s 4 to 6 pillows surrounding her body in various positions. So if you add that visual to the visual of PJ spreading her arms out while she’s sleeping…

there’s no room for me ;-(

So I laid there for about a half and hour thinking of songs for Laura’s birthday cd. I came up with a few ideas, then proceeded to forget most of them. One idea stuck, I have a melody (simple one) and a lyrical idea of writing a song about her days of playing basketball. I need to talk to her mom and dad to get more info on her career at Buena. I know she’s very proud of it so a song about it would make her happy…we’ll see if I can pull it off.
So I came into work early because there’s no room for me in our bed. How’s this going to work with another child? I think we should’ve bought a king size bed instead. Regardless, nothing is more comforting to me than to have my two special ladies curled up beside me in bed. I can't complain. :-)

No comments: