Feb 8, 2010

T.W.I.P. Notes (This Week In Parenting)


1) Georgia has quickly becomes PJ’s shadow. As Parker goes, so does Georgia. Which leads to many spills and falls but also leads to wonderful moments when Parker hurt herself and Georgia runs off looking for Parker’s blanket in an effort to make her feel better.

2) Georgia has learned to emphatically say the word “No”. Anything I ask gets a resounding “NO” in addition to a lot of head movement side to side to further punctuate the sentiment. “Georgia, is the sky blue?” – “NO”. “Does a clock turn clockwise?” –“NO”. “Is six plus four equal to ten?” –“NO”. Do you want some M&Ms?-….[pause]….she answers the question with an emphatic nodding of the head up and down stating “Plea!” Plea!”

She is also making my day when I come home from work and hear this little angel wail an excited "Daaaayyyeeeee!!!"



3) I went to get something out of my trunk when I realized what I’ve been doing for the past 3 months. I’ve been throwing all of the crafts that PJ gives me into my trunk. Someday she’s going to read this and not be very happy about this confession…

And if you are reading this, Ms. “Mature Parker”, remember that these are crafts of a 3 and 4 year old girl – impressive for your age but still they’re not Rembrandts. I should take a picture and post them on this blog just to defend myself.

4) At a dinner party Saturday night Laura and I were having a conversation with an acquaintance of mine whose profession is an occupational therapist. Laura asked her how her work is different from that of a physical therapist. She stated that a physical therapist focuses on a specific injury and methods to heal the injured part of the body where an occupational therapist focuses on functional tasks and what is hindering the person from performing them. “Great” I said, “can you help get Laura to take out the trash once in a while?”

I still think it’s funny.

Laura still does not.

5) This weekend reminded me of a better time to come. “Saturday Morning Chores” with the girls. This is where I play a supervisory role and oversee my progeny perform all the remedial cleaning tasks that Laura and I do not like to do. Better times ahead.

Come to think of it. Maybe I do want a third.

No comments: