Jan 24, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Parker

The morning of Parker's birthday I looked down at her and said, "Parker, do you realize that you're not three anymore. You're four now!" Her eyebrows raised up in realization and then she looked down at her body. When she looked back up at me she said, "But I'm still the same size as when I was three. I thought I was going to be bigger when I was four".

PJ's brithday was drawn out over 3 days (I feel like I've been baking for a week though). We had the grandparents over for dinner on her real birthday.


Cupcakes were taken to school on Friday. Parker was very excited about this. She even asked to take some lifesavers she'd received as a gift from grandma Powers to school to pass out to each kid in her class. Her generosity always surprises and impresses me. Parker got a blue birthday ribbon at school that she wore for the next two days.

PJ's birthday party took place on Saturday. We got a break from the rain and were able to have some of the party activities outside. This year we did a birthday Tea Party. The kids loved this and were really well behaved sitting at their little tables using real ceramic tea sets. I was a little worried these might get broken, especially since they were all borrowed (thank you Becky!) But the kids rose to the occasion and acted like little ladies and gentlement. They were adorable.


The Hello Kitty water cooler was definately a hit with the kids. They drank so much water from it...I was very pleased. I love it when kids drink water.


The highlight for me was getting to make a beautiful cake. It's been a while since I put this much work into a cake (Loren's wedding I think?) The kids were intrigued with the miniatures. I had a lot of fun making them too. I finally understand the fascination with doll houses. I felt like I worked for a doll house manufacturer. I kept finding myself saying, "Oh my gosh this is soooo cute! Look how real the apples look". Parker enjoyed watching me make them too.


It was a great day for everyone. Childrens birthdays sure can be fun!

4 comments:

Becky said...

In serious awe of your cake-making abilities. That cake was just FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

That cake is awesome. Nice work!!!

Nate D.

Jennifer said...

I am so disappointed that Sharla was sick and unable to attend. And that cake... well, I now know where to go for beautiful cakes.

Kate said...

That is an incredible cake! I had heard through the VCMG about it, and all I can say is WOW!!