Nov 25, 2009

Aging


I keep telling Laura “I can’t wait until these girls grow up and become self-sufficient”. Last night I began reconsidering that mantra. Usually I would utter such a statement when Georgia would be making a big mess with the toilet paper, or is caught eating glue from a glue stick(she likes glue), or has managed to invade our bathroom and managed to gather all of Laura's feminine hygeine products and strewn them in odd places throughout the house ("hey, this doesn't belong with the crayons and markers"), or has managed to relocate all of her spaghetti from her tray onto various parts of her face and hair rather than her mouth.

However, lately I have come to recognize how cute she is at this age...

I’ve really been enjoying the morning with Georgia. She usually makes noise around 6:30 or so from her crib. I’m usually the one to get Georgia and take her to our bed with her blanket. Once she gets into our bed she is all smiles. She then does her best to imitate Laura, Parker, or myself…


- Laura’s had a cough for the past couple of days. When she’s coughing in bed Georgia puts her hand up to her mouth and “fake-coughs” while smiling. She thinks it’s so funny and I can't help but laugh.


- When she’s lying next to me in bed soemtimes I'll whisper in her ear. She looks at me and starts whispering back. She likes to talk (mostly gibberish) so when she’s whispering it’s this barely audible gibberish…of course she’s smiling at the same time. I’m really going to miss that.


- Another think she does (which is pretty impressive) is her aping of me after I’ve yawned in the morning. She’ll belt out what one would think is a fake yawn but it’s so big it looks authentic. Yawning is infectious so I don’t know if it’s intentional. Of course, she’s smiling during that action as well.


- This morning Parker was sent to a corner for a “timeout” due to her inability to listen to me. While PJ was in the corner crying Georgia proceeded to follow her to the corner and performed some “faux-crying”. It’s sort of like real crying but definitely not as heart-felt.

All in all I realize one important thing…perhaps I’m wrong about my mantra.

What was I thinking?

No comments: