Nov 3, 2009

Halloween 2009



Friends and family came to our house for Halloween this year. With all the success of the recent block party I expected our street to be a bit livelier than it ended up being. Regardless, a good time was had by all (even me). The neighboring streets made up for the malaise of festivities on our street. The kids had a great time-even Georgia who wasn’t quite sure what was going on however it didn’t matter because there was an endless supply mini-bags of M&Ms for her to devour on a continual basis.


Giving Is Better Than Receiving

One of the most exciting part of Parker’s Halloween this year was after she got home from trick-or-treating, she played with her cousins in her bedroom. The fun part was whenever the doorbell rang they would all come running down the hallway to answer the door to greet the trick-or-treaters. After a couple of times they developed a good system, when they reached the front door Ella would grab the candy bowl, Ethan would open the door, and Parker would grab as much candy as she could with both hands and literally shovel the candy into the trick-or-treater’s bags. It was quite entertaining to watch I must say although we had to put a stop to the quantity she was handing out.

Gotcha!

Later that evening I decided to have a little fun with PJ. I grabbed the first thing I saw from the dish drainer (to collect my treats), then quickly sneaked around the side door of our house and proceeded to knock on our front door in my impromptu Halloween costume.


With each year, Halloween just keeps getting better.

No comments: