Jun 27, 2009

I Wonder at 'Wonder Pets'

Shortly after waking up this morning I set Georgia down on the ground and plopped down on the couch next to Parker, who was watching 'The Wonder Pets'. The Wonder Pets were trying to figure out how to let a little puppy out of the house to go pee. The front door was locked and they were brainstorming on how to let this puppy out who urgently needed to pee. After a few minutes Georgia began gesturing toward the kitchen and I knew she was hungry. I wanted to get up and get her breakfast but also was very curious how the Wonder Pets was going to end. At this point I checked myself, and thought back to before I had kids. I remember flipping through the channels on tv and quickly changing the channel when I landed on a kids show. I couldn't fathom how any adult could watch that stuff. Now, I'm a little disturbed at what has become of me.

I write this as my husband sits next to Parker watching 'Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales'.

No comments: