May 1, 2012

You're A Grand Ol' Flag

Parker burst into our bedroom at 6:30 this morning waving her flag scarf and singing "It's a grand old flag, it's a high flyin' flag...da da daaa".   She then proceeded to go pick out an outfit that would match her scarf to wear to school today.  I told her that today wasn't the fourth of July but she said red white and blue are her favorite colors.

I don't know what has got into Parker lately.  In preschool she would wear nothing but dresses.  I think a single pair of leggings occupied her "pants drawer".  Since she started Kindergarten she would wear nothing but jeans and t-shirts.  That all changed last week when she wanted to wear her fanciest and most delicate dresses to school.  On Monday I let her wear a very fancy dress (black velvet bodice with dreamy-flowy pink skirt).  On Tuesday when she wanted to wear her layered chiffon dress I put my foot down and told her she couldn't wear the fancy dresses to school any more.  They would get ruined.  She tried to talk me into letting her wear her red velvet Christmas dress and that argument ended up with Parker in tears.  She did wear dresses the rest of the week (not her fancy ones).  I was shocked.  I guess this week will be holiday themed outfits.


No comments: