Aug 23, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Does the first morning of kindergarten last forever to all moms? Or is it just me. I keep looking at the clock to see if it's time to pick Parker up yet. I'm so anxious!


Parker was a real trooper this morning. There's nothing that makes me feel more proud as when I see Parker suck it up and hold her composure in a new situation that she is very nervous about. When I walked her to her class this morning, the teacher didn't invite me in....and I didn't see any other parents in the class. So I gave PJ a kiss goodbye and watched her walk tentatively into the class, not knowing what to do or where to go. That was my brief tear jerking moment. I watched her through the window for a few seconds as she found a book shelf and looked for a book. But I didn't want to be a totally lame, peeping tom mother...so I didn't watch too long, I just left.
Sara and I walked Jack and Parker to school this morning with Georgia of course. The kids rode their scooters. They were so excited. An especially heart warming moment was when they voluntarily hugged each other before parting to go to their separate classes.
We ran into Ali and Jeff. Today Ali's going into 2nd grade.

Scott is going with us to pick Parker up from school. Then we are going out to lunch to celebrate the first day of school.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Wow they do grow so so fast! Glad her first day went well!

Anonymous said...

Lou Groov-ay, still got those silly walk legs.

Jen said...

Oh yeah, just like we discussed at the beach, those 3+ hours of the first day felt like double! I had such a strange feeling like they had my kid and I couldn't wait to get her back. Oh how crazy I felt that morning!! :-)