May 20, 2010

Mama Mia


Me and my mum 1971.

Based on the picture I am at my grandparents house in San Jose and I'm clinging to my mom because my grandma was approaching me with the intent of laying a big juicy kiss on my cheek that almost sucked up the right side of my face.

My mom has taught me a lot about parenthood. She's taught me about trust, hard work, and the all important tenet that parenting is a life-long task...er....adventure. And in that long adventure it's a good idea to own a Zippo.



When it comes examining our evolution as a culture, nothing is more compelling than ads from a by-gone era.

Getting Laura or my mom a new Zippo lighter for Mother's Day did not come to mind.

Maybe next year I can find a nice pink one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for off topic, but 2012 is close, is this really matter?

Anonymous said...

Sorry for off topic, but 2012 is close, is this really matter?