Apr 2, 2010

Spelling and Counting



Parker is at this stage where she likes to count things. She proudly states the she can count to 101 however, she needs a little help getting there. Whenever Laura and I read to her she seizes the opportunity to show off her counting skills, "Mom, let me count all the cars on the page 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc..." or "Dad, watch me count the number of letters on that sign".

Spelling out her name is another act Parker like to partake in. Sometimes writing it is just not good enough so...why not Play-doh??

I'm afraid her love of counting took a turn for the worse(in my opinion) though. Yesterday I was laying on the couch and she was sitting next to me when she started investigating my head. "Daddy, I think I can count all the hairs on the top of your head because I can count all the way to 101 and I don't think there's 101 hairs on the top of your head Daddy. I'll start counting there's one, two, three, four..."

"Alright Parker I get your point - now go play in traffic or something."

She'll get hers someday.

1 comment:

Becky said...

that's hilarious. It's your fault, I mean you're the numbers guy, right -- so, the counting "gene" probably comes from you.