Oct 16, 2009

First Rainy Day of the Season

I love the rain! Rainy days are something to celebrate. We always have in my family.
When I was little my mom would always bake chocolate chip cookies on rainy days. We'd go for long walks in the rain, stepping on snails, racing toy boats down the gutters. One time, when the rain was really heavy, my best friend, Melissa, and I actually got our boogie boards out and tried to ride them down the "river" in the gutter. There is so much fun to be had on the few rainy days we get in Ventura.

When we woke up on Wednesday morning, first thing we did was open the front door and sat in the doorway and watched the rain. This was a first for Georgia (I'm sure she doesn't remember it from last year).

Parker went with Dad to get the paper.
After Georgia's nap I took the girls out for a walk in the rain and a search for good splashing puddles.

We didn't find many good puddles but we did come across a tetherball court.
It was so warm and humid! Some of the rain gear came off before we headed home.


No comments: