Aug 13, 2009

The Park... The Park... I Really Like the Park



I took the girls to the park where we met Uncle Von, in uniform, with his police car. He came as a favor to me so some members of my mom's group could have their kids meet a police officer and check out his patrol car. When Von stepped out of his car, Parker became so shy and nervous. She actually ran away to the playground. Later that night I asked her if she felt shy around uncle Von. She said, "No, I wasn't shy, I was just confused. Because Uncle Von just looked different." She's never seen him in uniform before.

We stayed and ate a picnic lunch and let the kids play. Later, Becky got these great pictures of the girls going down the slide. This was also a milestone moment for Georgia (and for me too). In the course of an hour, Georgia learned how to climb up the steps to the slide and go down all by herself (not the slide in the picture but a smaller one). She's not a baby anymore! Boo hoo hoo!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

those are some wonderful shots of the girls going down the slide! I love it.