Aug 9, 2009

Goin' To The Fair




















I got to take Parker to the Fair, just the two of us, on opening day. It was so nice that Grandma Powers offered to babysit Georgia so we could have a little more freedom. Here's some of what we did:
  • Rode the bus from the mall to the Fairgrounds (we actually missed the first bus due to overcrowding)
  • Rode 50 tickets ($20) worth of rides - we had so many tickets I let Parker try any ride without spending too much time contemplating how scared she might get. There were two rides she rode for about 10 seconds because she wanted to get off, Bumper Boats was one of them. Her favorite ride was the Super Slide, hands down.
  • The only Fair Food we indulged in were ice cream cones and the mini donuts that are freshly made in the Commercial building. Those are a favorite of dad's and before we left, he insisted I get some for her. I think he's fascinated by the tiny conveyor belt that delivers the donuts to the cinnamon sugar. I must agree that miniature, automated, donut making process is so cute, it made me want to eat them too.
  • We looked at some rabbits, goats, and sheep - but it wasn't as exciting as it was when she was two.
  • We rode the bus home again which was a bit of an ordeal. I had to walk PJ up and down the bus stop area trying to find our pick up spot (it was not clearly maked). Then we had to wait and wait for the bus to arrive at which time I had to be the annoying person (I hated it) who is a little too assertive in getting to the front of the line to guarantee a spot on the bus. I just couldn't risk not getting on that bus. We were too tired and Grandma was expecting to be done babysitting at 4:00.
All in all, it was a great day. The best part for me was getting to spend time alone with Parker and being able to give her my full attention.

No comments: