Aug 10, 2009


I realized this morning that it’s such a nice feeling being missed. It validates one’s place in the world. I came back to the house early this morning after a physical therapy appointment and Parker came bursting out of the house and down the steps to greet me as I was walking up the driveway. It was such a nice (and startling) surprise. It’s very endearing and quite naturally becomes reciprocal as well. Laura’s never done that for me. I hope she reads this and starts acting accordingly.

That feeling of being missed by someone (or a group) is an important reminder that you have some definitive place in this world. Human connection spawns self realization. Seldom do I realize this but lately it’s been a recurring item for me. Co-workers from my prior employment, fellow teammates on my baseball team, as well as my family seem to miss me when I’m gone. I’m sure others are glad that I’m gone but for some reason those people do not want to get in touch with me. I couldn’t imagine why…

The funny thing about Georgia of late is watching her reaction whenever cousin Zoey comes over to babysit. This scene really needs to be videotaped. The door opens, Georgia starts making her crazy animalistic noises(“aaaaaggh”) while quickly wandering the house looking for Laura. She finds her mom, desperately clutches Laura’s legs, and holds on the best she can while performing her best pterodactyl impression. It’s really quite entertaining to watch from my perspective.

No comments: