Feb 25, 2009

World's Greatest Dad























I sometimes marvel at the fact that Scott is such a great father. When you marry someone, there's really no way to know what kind of parent they will be to your future children. All the qualities that attracted me to him (his kindness, generosity, intelligence, his wit, and his super funny humor) were not necessarily qualities I could apply to the "father Scott" image created when trying to imagine what kind of father he would be someday. I think one of the wonderful things about parenthood is that you get to know another side of your spouse that you couldn't possibly have known before having children (I guess it's only wonderful if you like that "other side"). And that is why I marvel at how lucky I am, as well as the girls, to have chosen someone who's a wonderful spouse, but also an amazing father. How did I get so lucky?

My sisters are constantly amazed at the interest Scott has in the kids, my nephews and neices included. In fact, I think Scott never knew he liked kids so much until we had our own. He is always getting down on the floor to play blocks with Parker, or "Sleep Party Over". When my nephews come over, many times, he'll turn the tv off and go find a ball to throw with the kids. After a long day of work, he'll come in the house and be available to play with Parker anything she has in mind.

I know it will be a while until Parker and Georgia fully appreciate how involved and attentive their father is. I see Parker taking it for granted everyday. But that is just fine for now. It makes me so happy for my children to not know any different right now.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have a husband like that... Its hard for me to not brag to everyone I know, especially my sisters. It just dumbfounds me that he has energy to crawl around on the floor and play horse with Sharla when he comes home from work. I am so tired at the end of each day... and it did not include crawling!

Unknown said...

You're too sweet my dear. Thank you for the post.

Does this mean you'll start mowing the lawns now??