Feb 25, 2009

Who Me??




Oh, the consistency of Georgia's expressions.

Everything seems to be all about Parker on this site. It's becoming more and more Parker-centric and that needs to cease.

I'd like to introduce Georgia...here's a little introduction:

Birthday: June 26, 2008
Shares Birthday With: Abner Doubleday, Derek Jeter, Pearl S. Buck, and Peter Lorre
Sign: Gemini
Notable Events on June 26: 1284-the legendary Pied Piper leads 130 kids out of Hamelin, Germany, 1948-Shirley Jackson releases the short story "The Lottery", 1963-JFK makes the infamouos statement "Ich Bin Ein Berliner" in Berlin thereby confusing the German citizens who don't understand why JFK considers himself a jelly-filled doughnut.
Favorite band: Its a three-way tie between Babes in Toyland, Babyface, and The Gerber Trio
Favorite album/cd: The Pretenders' "Learning to Crawl"
Favorite sport: Marathon crying and screaming around dinnertime
Turn-ons: non-constipated bowel movements, mother's milk, going to the store with mom in the baby bjorn, the sandbox, laughing with her older sister, being held in her mother's arms, smiles, and having the luxury of peeing in her pants without being looked down on by society.
Turn-offs: constipation, naps, being left to play by herself, running up the national debt, and ear infections

I mentioned the Shirley Jackson short story because I've been forever scarred by it. It was first made available to me in 5th grade at Elmhurst Elementary School when our teacher decided to show us the movie based on the short stoy leaving us scared and befuddled as to its meaning. I remember reading and writing about it in college which in turn opened up the psychological scar from viewing the movie in the 5th grade. I've forgotten about it since then...until now. As I recall my college paper started as an in-depth analysis of the story focusing on the notion that the story was written from a Marxist perspective inciting a critique of capitalism and scapegoating. By the end of my paper I was showing signs of deep emotional psychosis due to this story's impact on me in the 5th grade.

Perhaps I'm being a bit too dramatic.

1 comment:

Becky said...

cute. I know what you mean. At least for me, Katie says the funniest things right now, and that prompts a lot of my blog entries.