Dec 21, 2008

Parker and Jack



Jack and Parker. They're good friends, Jack calls her "Partner". Poor Jack needs a roadie to help him get setup properly. This is their first live acoustic performance. I believe they decided to stick with Americana cover songs for starters, then they'll move into more serious song composition exercises.

After paying some close attention to parkerJo's vocal "stylings" as of late, I think I can conclude that she is cursed with the bad singing gene passed along on her mother's side.

Laura made an appearance on the basketball court today. I guarded her all day, she's fun to play against-she plays tough but she's quite vocal when you make contact with her(a lot of ughs and moans and some odd sounding noises that I cannot explain). She shot well from the outside and played me hard on the boards all day. I must say, I was impressed by her. She's one girl playing with 5 other fairly tough guys and she was fearless, gutsy, and determined. Now fearless means she got rejected by her foes far too many times to keep count but still, she tried. And when she tries she has this smile/smirk she brings to the court that makes her look likes she's a 6 year old locked in overnight inside a candy store while she's shooting a jumper right in your face. I realized today just how thankful I should be for having a wife that possesses so many like interests. Laura is someone I can wrestle for rebound position with on the court, sing along with in the studio, engage in a fruitless argument which eventually devolves into a battle of wills with each of us seeking to be the one who gets the last word in, and she's always been a fun drinking partner at the bar as well (although I can't recall the last time that's occurred).

That's what I was thinking about today.

No comments: