Nov 5, 2010

Costume Party

I never dress up for Halloween. The last time I did was about 8 years ago when I glued some pennies, safety pins and other metal objects to my face because I was too embarrassed to go completely costume-less in the flamboyant Castro district of SF. I did get compliments for being "Magnetic Personality....so witty" (little did they know I was too unenthused and lazy to put a costume together).
This year my sister, Julie asked me to go to a costume party with her, Cathy and Loren. It was mostly Ventura College faculty there. They wanted to do a group costume and came up with the elements: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water. I would be water. I should have known better than to go with a bunch of artists to a costume party. Of course they'd want to be something all "abstract". I wasn't sure I could pull off a water costume, but with the help of Cathy and my mother, we were able to come up with this.
The others costumes turned out great too.

And wouldn't you know it, we won second prize in the costume contest!

Loren really looked windblown.

Cathy's costume was amazing!

Julie put so much work into her seasons.
But next year I want to be Esther Williams or a synchronized swimmer!

1 comment:

Becky said...

The costumes turned out great! How much hairspray did Loren have to put in her hair?!

Funny, I just showed Katie an Esther Williams movie the other day -- she told me "she must still be taking swimming lessons to be able to swim so good."