Aug 12, 2010

Sorry Seems To Be The Easiest Word




She hasn’t figured it out yet. To Georgia, the word “sorry” is like an eraser. Once it’s said the act performed that caused the evocation of the word is absolved thereby allowing for her to do it again.

For example, yesterday some neighbors came by for a visit so they tied the leash affixed to their little beagle named Rufus to our front porch before they came inside. As I was working in the kitchen (I am always working in the kitchen), PJ reported to me that Georgia was ‘being mean’ to Rufus. When I looked out I saw Georgia mildly smacking poor Rufus. “Georgia stop!” I said…”sorry dada” was her response. Moments later she performed the same act and immediately stated “sorry dada”. I verbally scolded her and warned her but before I could finish my sentence…whack…”sorry dada”. After that I stepped up the level of punishment to DEFCON 4.


But if left me asking myself, “what kind of sadistic child are we raising?” Then I thought…”this must be how they make Republicans”

1 comment:

Becky said...

"this may be how they make Republicans" that's just great...