Aug 5, 2008

Five Days Without Mommy and Georgia



Well, the ‘Grand Experiment”, whether a washed-up 39 year-old wanna-be musician, wanna-be athlete can take care of a vivacious 2 ½ year old for five days straight is over. The results are quite good. Parker and I spent a lot of quality time together and it’s accurate to say that I would make a wonderful housewife. A couple of bulletized observations:

-Parker is addicted to the Backyardigans-there is no cure. I bought her a Backyardigans book containing seven stories for us to read before her naps and she can’t get enough of it.



-We went to the pool three times. Parker and Ella were jumping off the edge together with me catching Parker and Loren catching Ella. We had them counting to different numbers then jumping off the edge together. I couldn’t stop laughing…too cute for one man to take.



-Last night Parker and I had a very interesting about whether girls can play baseball. She was adamantly sure that girls could not play baseball and I was telling her yes, they can. I couldn’t get it through to her that girls can play baseball. So this morning her opinion completely changed when Laura told her that she could play baseball. That’s all it took. The interesting part of the conversation is that it was as close to an adult conversation that we could have. She’s growing up so fast.


-One day while we were saying our prayers before her nap she expressed her thanks for her “paba”-the routine is that I ask her what a “paba” is, she won’t continue her prayer until I ask that question so she respond by telling me it has “wings on its nose and something on its toes” blah blah blah accompanied with some other mumbling…I don’t know what she’s saying but I know it's Backyardigan-speak. Anyhow, she asked me the question if the angel that looks over her is a “girl angel”, then she asked if I had a “boy angel” looking over me and if so, did it have a penis?


-While in the pool she adamantly announced loudly to the people around the pool that she had to poop and got out of the pool and ran with me to the toilet. She did the same thing while we were in Barnes and Noble.

No comments: