Jan 10, 2013

Christmas 2012

We had a wonderful Christmas holiday this year.  It started off with a trip to Lake Nacimento to meet up with Mitra, Paolo and baby Marcello.  It was cold, cold, cold... but oh so beautiful there!





I like to call this one 'Out for a Walk - City Mom v. Suburban Mom'









Unfortunately the Powers and Haars all came home with a stomach virus and we all felt miserable for a few days.

Georgia had her very first dance performance with the Billy Clower dance studio.  She and her pal Maddie were nervous but did a fabulous job with their timing and following the choreography.

Maddie & Georgia

This is Georgia's nervous face


Christmas was great, as usual.  Except for Parker's nasty ear infection that had her feeling terrible on Christmas day.  The girls entered the world of American Girl Dolls this year.  Both got dolls for Christmas and couldn't be happier.  I made them some doll clothes, doll sleeping bags and slippers which was a lot of fun for me.  Parker had been wanting a doll so badly and for so long.  I heard her say multiple times in the days after Christmas, "I can't believe I actually have an American Girl Doll".  Georgia likes hers a lot too but is a little young for the doll in my opinion.  She calls it an "Amerigirl Doll".







 Ethan was Georgia's shepard in the Nativity pagaent at church.  They both got a kick out of that.



Christmas Eve - PJ's ear is starting to hurt

Christmas Morning
 The girls opened their stockings while we were still in bed.  Notice how dark it is outside?

My parents and Nate, Deann and Cooper stopped by for a surprise visit which was a real treat.  The first time that's ever happened.  My dad loved his super deluxe coffee carrafe that keeps the coffee at 195 degrees for 6 hours and is used and approved by engineers nationwide.  I had to pat myself on the back for that gift idea!


Nate & Deann (20 weeks pregnant)
Julie gave Cyndi & Von a a painting of Zoey

Sick-o-Louie Parker

I always like to take pics of Von in his uniform





My sparkle shirt the girls gave me.

We headed up to Lake Arrowhead for our annual New Years Eve trip with the Haars, Barrocas and Nicolles. It was quite an adventure driving in the snow for the first time.  I thought we were quite brave to even attempt to drive in the snow for the first time when visibility was low and we had no clue how to put chains on our van.  It was sketchy at times(especially when the truck in front of my started sliding on the icy street), but we made in about 5 hours.  I was so glad we did too, because it was our best trip to Arrowhead yet.  The snow was truly magical.  We had a wonderful, relaxing, fun time.  The only bummer was that the Haar's didn't make it due to Raquel being sick.

Pretending not to be nervous





Ethan reminds me of my dad in this picture



Ali-girl and Georgie

Scott nailing Julie with a snowball as I asked them to pose for a picture

Georgia ate snow constantly every time we went outside.

Peachy, Georgie, & Ella Bell



Cruisin'

Looks like Peach is taking a nap.

Faceplant!

Our Snowmen

Julie & Sky





No comments: