Oct 26, 2012

Disneyland


We finally took our kids to the Magic Kingdom.  We held out for a long time and I'm glad we did.  This was a good age for the girls to experience Disneyland.  Although I think Georgia was scared on most of the rides.  I didn't realize how scary the rides were until I actually went on them as a parent.  Even the skeletons and gun shooting on Pirates of the Carribean seemed too disturbing for a 4 year old.

Just in case she got lost.

 I was surprised that Georgia was the only child (that I saw) with a phone number pinned to the back of her shirt.


 Parker was a super trooper on all rides.  She really got a kick out of them.  She even went on California Screamin' at California Adventure.  I couldn't believe it.  Afterward, she ran up to me and said "I'm definately not going on that again until I'm an adult." She said she was really scared and had her eyes closed the whole time.

The 'Finding Nemo' Submarine Ride

  Both of the girls were obsessed with going on the Monorail.   We ended up leaving it for last but we were too late.  The girls were disappointed and made us "pinky promise" we'd go on it next time.

Going down the big drop on Splash Mountain

After seeing Georgia's face in this picture, I felt like a very bad mom.  This was the ride that finally made her cry.  And I don't blame her.  That was a very steep drop.  Poor kid.  We didn't do any more scary stuff after this.

Georgia recovered quickly  from the scare.

Peachy wearing the dollar store Mickey ears daddy picked up before the trip.  The price tag for Mickey ears at Disneyland: $22.50.

Thanks to Grandma Powers for the souvenir money.


We stayed at the Howard Johnson across the street from Disneyland.  I thought this would allow us a restful night sleep before we went to Disneyland the following morning.  Boy was I wrong.

I think Parker expected the room to be like Grandma's timeshare condos.


 Parker voluntarily journaled about our stay.  It was very difficult sleeping in a room with Georgia.  For a girl with such a tiny little nose, she sure does snore loud.  In addition to that, we could hear the roar of the abominable snowman on the Matterhorn until midnight.  We all slept terribly and then Georgia woke up at 4 in the morning, only to fall back asleep at 6.  Fortunately we still made it to the park as soon as it opened at 9am.





The pool at the hotel was awesome though.  Very nice!

1 comment:

Becky said...

The roar of the abominable can't be much louder than Song -- I didn't say that.