Jul 27, 2010

Metaphorically Speaking



For much of you Laura’s lack of posting has gone unnoticed, much like the period after Dr. on a can of Dr Pepper. But for me, I miss Laura's posts. She's the Ying to my Yang, the Peaches to my Herb, the ketchup to my hamburger and fries.

For the past several months Laura has been absent, a truant in the sphere of the blog. And while it is instinctual to blame it on her busy schedule with the girls and such, I think it’s a matter of prioritization. So my plan is to harass her and goad her into again becoming involved with this project and unlike Laura, this plan just might work (doh!).

There’s no doubt that Laura is a busy person. I know she does very little lounging with two busy girls to take care of. So let’s be clear, Laura’s life is frenetic, like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, she is always on the go. But Laura has abandoned us. She has better places to be than the sphere of the blog. And while it may seem odd to characterize Laura as unfocused, there is a pattern of this kind of behavior.

For instance, she wanted a video camera, so I buy her a very good one for her birthday, we have children, she records 742 hours of film (to date) of our family and how many DVDs have been created from this footage? Four - totaling about 8 hours of footage, and they’re all of PJ! The remainder of unviewed material remains on the perpetual ‘to-do’ list...sorry Georgia.

This makes me sad, as sad as a one-legged Riverdancer with an inner ear infection and an arthritic knee.

Come back Laura.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ah, what a sad post! I think of our family blog as something we can give our children... chronicling their childhood. Something we did not have. I miss Laura's posts. Its rare to have a two parent blog.

I am still trying to get Mr. Dawson to post more on ours.